Adding animations to a car (speed state machine) that was built on the base car set-up. Need Help

OK, so I opened the base car map and replaced the car with my own.

Everything works great so far. (Physics, tire rotation and turning, player controls, etc…)

But I also want the car to vibrate, I wanted a state machine as seen in the 3rd person video tutorial.

So I have set the state machine up. If I hook the wheel handler to the final anim pose it works, if I hook the state machine to the final pose it works.

How can I get them to BOTH work together? Help is much appreciated.

Well, I don’t know if it’s the best way but it’s working, and it seems to be working pretty good.

I decided to just export my wheel meshes with my rig. I used that as the car base, controllable entity.

I then exported the rigged vehicle and animations without wheels. I made a state machine and blendspace with that. Then made a skeletal mesh component to spawn the car cabin on the wheels.

Made it easy to copy blueprints over and make a second vehicle off of that base.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u//truck_voodoo.jpg

Still need to figure out how to make the controls (speed) on the wheel base affect the animations on the car top. (rattling, door opening, etc…)