I have seen this problem for a while. If I have a bp utility function that I’m using in a few places and I decide to add a new parameter to it, it hangs on compile. Is there a technique to get this working other than deleting all uses of the function or making a new function?
I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- What version of the engine are you using?
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved?
- When you say that the editor hangs, do you mean that it crashes, freezes up (so that you manually are forced to close it), or other (please explain)?
We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.