Adding a new Channel to "Line Trace by Channel"

Hello! I am attempting to perform a line trace to search for objects that have a specific Object Channel Enabled.

In my case I want to create collision meshes that do not collide with anything except this trace, but I want to have the option to enable this Object channel on other meshes of my choice.

For example, I have a floor in my scene that I want my trace to be able to hit, so here I have set the collision to custom and ticked the Vis mesh option. What kind of trace can I use that will collide with a mesh that has this ticked on, vs one that has it ticked off?

I assumed the “Line Trace by Channel” node would be the answer, but I seem to be unable to add additional options to the Enum.

Note: This cannot be done through “Object type” it must be via “Object Responses” so that I can preserve the normal collision responses for existing meshes.

check the project settingscollisions (or smth like that) → here you’ll be able to manipulate collision settings for your project, including addition of new channels.

add additional options to the Enum

Thechnically you woudn’t add the new value to enum, but naming and using an extra “per project” channels that are hidden by default. It doesn’t matter much in bp, but worth noting in c++

I’ve managed to come across the solution!

I somehow missed that you can add new Channels to Trace Channels and that updates the Enum used by the “Line Trace by Channel” node.