Adding a "Favorites" feature with folder creation to fab.com

Hi everyone!
I’d like to suggest an idea to improve the fab.com store — adding a “Favorites” feature with the ability to create folders. This would make it much easier to organize assets and other items that catch your eye but don’t need to be purchased right away.

Why this is important:

1. Organization — the ability to sort assets into folders (e.g., “For current project,” “Interesting ideas,” “For future projects”). This helps manage large collections of items more effectively.
  2. Time-saving — it’s easy to return to items you’ve saved without scrolling through the entire “Favorites” list.
  3. Better shopping experience — with folders, it’s easier to keep track of items and quickly find what you need.

Personally, I really miss this feature, especially when dealing with a large number of assets. Sometimes it’s hard to keep track of everything, and having folders would help me better organize future purchases and make finding items much easier.

I’d love to hear what others think, and hopefully, the developers will consider this suggestion!

Thank you!

I literally also just wrote this but lost it due to the stupid “Quote” feature on the forum, deleting all of my text irreversibly.

I was mainly talking about it and also bringing the previous items from our carts back, as they most of the time were the highest priority ones.
→ And personally, I often added stuff into my cart without adding it to my wishlist as I knew I would buy it anyway.

2 Likes

hi, @DoubleCatPunch!

thank you for your feedback. Do I understand correctly that this will be somewhat of a wishlist, but with an ability to sort it by different folders?

1 Like

I’d actually like to see something like Sketchfab’s collections.
Like if you have a series of assets, you can just make a collection with all of them in it.
Thats something I always wanted on the Unreal Marketplace

3 Likes

Yes, you understood correctly.
Previously, we only had one common folder where all the desired assets, 3D models, sounds, and effects were stored. I’m suggesting adding subfolders where I can sort the content I’m interested in, instead of scrolling through one huge list that has built up over time from my usage.

1 Like

If they bring back our old lists, that would be amazing. I actually took precautions and saved the old list just in case))

By the way, that’s also a good idea to add to fab, since it’s already used in Sketchfab.

1 Like

If I’m correct he is reffering to the same thing I also recommended here

Yes, it would indeed be great if there were something similar in “My Library.”

2 Likes

Yes, a 'Wish list" is a must given the amount of products that are now offered. It will be impossible to keep track of what one wants for a future purchase without it. The 'Wish list" should include pricing and if something is on sale…just like what we were use to on the marketplace. That, for the most part ‘worked’.

I personally don’t buy everything I like right away…it gets spread out for when I think I need it or if it ends up on sale and I think its a good deal and I then add it to my collection.

1 Like

Agreed! I cannot find all the products I saved on the old marketplace now, so they dropped the ball on this IMO.

1 Like

Wish list is a mandatory feature of this, or any, marketplace. This is an incredible regression.

2 Likes

I absolutely do not understand why the favorites item was not integrated. I had things stored there that I would like to buy in the future. Now I don’t even know which ones and how many there were because everything is gone. It was thus possible to monitor asset prices and their possible discounts…simply incomprehensible. This so-called FAB had to be made by someone who had not even seen the marketplace from a speeding car.

1 Like

Let’s hope that these issues will be fixed in the future. After all, combining many different platforms with various systems into a single unified one is not an easy task.

1 Like

This is one of many issues I’ve posted on my thread… it’s not a very usable marketplace without some key features that are missing, this being one of them!