So basically, I have a:
- TArray of ASpellSystem which acts as my spell bar. (Under mycharacter class)
- Made a spell using BP inheriting ASpellSystem, named Fireball.
- Adding said Fireball to my spellbar using MyCharacter BP does not work, as the fireball is not valid
- Tested if the fireball is valid under its own BP and it seems to be valid post BeginPlay
- Assuming that MyCharacter BP is adding the Fireball before it is initialized
- I could maybe call postinitcomponents before adding the spell? but that wouldn’t work as I set the default class values via BP before using the spell.
- I read around and a possible fix is to use FReferenceCollector::AddReferencedObjects but that wouldnt work considering my spells are not initialized till BeginPlay.
Here is my answerHUB with screenshots and additional details.