Add impulse and add rotation doubt

When my pawn overlapps an actor, it jumps. I set the jump with the add impulse function. The problem is that sometimes (not usually) the pawn jumps a lot more than it should without changing any values of the impulse. The pawn has a skeletal mesh with an animation (I don’t think that affects the outcome but just in case).

The other problem I have is with the add relative rotation function which I set up with an event tick. I supposed that the pawn will rotate indefinitely because of the tick event, but far from reality, it rotates 90º and stops rotating.

I don’t know why your tick isn’t working, but if you are just trying to rotate the pawn in a circle, I believe there is a rotating movement component you can just add to your components list to do that.

I also suspect that the reason the impulse is different sometimes may be because the rotation of the pawn may be sometimes making it overlap the other actor more than once? Try pulling a print string off of the add impulse and see how many times it fires when it messes up vs when it doesn’t.