Add Force does not work in Actor Component after Set Rotation

I create Pawn “Test” and want to rotate it (using Set World Rotation) and move it (using Add Force):

• If I do it from Pawn itself → it works (moved and rotated)
  • If I do it from Actor Component attached to Pawn → only rotation works

If I remove Set World Rotation call and only use Add Force, then:

• If I do it from Pawn itself → it works (moved)
  • If I do it from Actor Component attached to Pawn → it works (moved)

Below is a screenshot of not working example.

Same is in situation if I just use gravity enabled for object without any other forces. So, if gravity is enabled and I Set World Rotation in selfcreated Actor (or Scene) Component then object will not fall down.

Hi RenovationNova,

• Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
  • What steps can I take to reproduce this on my end?
  • Have you tried rotating after applying force to see if the order of operations is causing the problem?
  • Is your actor a physics actor?
  • I have tested it in new project in 4.13 - there are no problem. My original project was updated from UE4.12, but I have craeted such Component just now in 4.13 and found this bug
  • Steps are simple: create new Actor and add Box (Simulate physics on) into it, create event inside it which adds force and rotates Box, then create Actor Component, attach it to Actor and call its event on every tick.
  • Order of rotation or applying force does not change anything
  • Yes, Actor is Physics Actor

I tested this on my end and it seems to be working as intended, though I did have to use very high force values. Try bumping the force value you are using to 100000 to test, do you see any movement?

In case I add 100000 and more the object still does not moves (only rotates). But, some kind of movement by force exist:

• it stay still (except rotation) for about 5 seconds
  • makes small jump up
  • repeat this loop again

Do you have a sample project you can send me? I might be able to see what is occurring.

Hi RenovationNova,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.

As I mentioned above, this bug does not reproduce in clean project, created from scratch. So it looks like an update problem.

Hi RenovationNova,

Without additional steps or a reproducible project, we will not be able to assist further on this error. If you find a project that can reproduce the error or steps that I can take to recreate it, please post back here and I’ll be happy to try again.

I have this same problem