Add custom/different textures to Target Layers.

Hello everyone!

First I have little to zero experience with mod/map creation.

I’m currently trying to create a small map, a desert map, so I got the dirt plane fine with the desert theme, AND I want to add other biomes. But there is no other textures to paint with. I am using the material Mat_TheIsland_WithMasks_Hole_Inst to create the landscape, so it does not have the desert textures. I tried out with the material M_ScorchedEarth_Hole but I count load any of the textures on the paint tab. (Is probably the wrong material, but either way I would have no acess to the other biome textures)

So, how do I proceed about it? Is there a way to add the textures? Or do I have to add the textures to a material some other way? Or am I doing all wrong and I should proceed some other way?

I read everything I could, watched tutorials and etc… But I can’t seen to find a FULL map tutorial (Not even finished at least) that covers everything from terrain to weather and spawn points. If you have a nice source, where I could start with, I would be glad to have it! :smiley:

And btw the map is for learnig purpose… And forgive me for any text/spelling errors, english is not my main language.

Dont use the HOLE one for the primaty texture, put HOLE in the hole slot, you need to use the NOT HOLE one. I forget what the primary texture_INST is called (i think it was like Map_TheIsland_NewWithMasks_INST or something), i have not touched the ADK in like a year and half