Download

Add another collision component to the character class

Hi, so I have been having some trouble where I would like an extra collision component for my character when sneaking because the capsule only fits vertically and not horizontally. So I tried to add a box component but no collision is working on it no matter what I do. Is there any way I can fix this because the solution right know seems to be to use a pawn and completely recreate the character which I really don’t want to do but surely there is a way just to make a horizontal collision component? Any help is much appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

I’m also interested in this. I have tried many things but none of them seem to work. I have found a few posts that try to do some other sketchy stuff with collision and the only answer that they give is that it is impossible without at least going into C++.
I only need to get events when an extra collision box is hit / overlapped / etc.
I know of tracing as an alternative, and even though it works for my intended purpose, that’s not what I want to achieve.