Adaptive Wind-Over-Ear Audio Blueprint

I think that price is more than fair … just remember that you need to be happy with the price. I for one will definitely buy it at this price. 8-}

I appreciate the feedback!

Awesome, I think this is really underrated and underutilized in games (particularly FPS games)! Ever since I watched gameplay from the game “skate” back in the day I’ve felt that the simple air rushing sound was missing from a lot of FPS games. They paid such great detail to sounds in that game! Especially with VR coming along I think the emphasis on creating presence/ immersive sound will be that much more important.

I totally agree, Pheesh. It’s unfortunate that there seems to be so much focus on visuals for VR, that people don’t seem to understand yet how important the other senses are for immersion. The things you experience everyday, but don’t necessarily notice, like wind rushing over your ears, are what’s really going to enhance the immersion of VR.

At some point I think audio is going to catch up. I’m just hoping to give it a little jump start.

I already have 3 projects on my backlog that will benefit from this and neither of them is VR … but the games will benefit from the immersion. 8-}

Glad to hear!

Nicely done!

Best-
Zak

Thanks Zak!

Well this is certainly interesting!

I’m glad you think so, Chance! It’s definitely nice to see some input from Epic staff. I’m excited to release this!

This is really nice, I would like to see more audio stuff like this :slight_smile: Audio is so important, and such a wind noise which feels (with good headphones) as if it would really whisper around your ears is awesome!

It’s definitely interesting, though I feel that in order to be practically usable, it’s going to need to be able to support multiple speaker setups.

The Adaptive Wind-Over-Ear Audio Blueprint is slated for next release!

The release title will be:

Adaptive Binaural Wind

Thank you all for the votes!

Does anyone know what happened to this amazing module? It’s no longer available on marketplace and doesn’t look to have been updated for a good while. https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…binaural-wind#

Would love to use it in a project of mine.

1 Like