Actors snap to surfaces even though 'Surface Snapping' is disabled.

That is exactly what I said; I turned it off there…

I’m on 4.23.1 src. I started getting this problems a couple of weeks ago, it was working fine after this, but I never realized if it’s because something I did. The problem is that when I drag actors around the tend to snap on the surface (and the center as well) of another mesh, only if the actor overlaps the bounds of said mesh.

If I select Editor Surface Snapping options → Surface Snapping, it is disabled…

Why is this happening? It has become so incredibly annoying and I’m having trouble accurately placing actors in the scene. Help.

And you turned it off here?:

305798-snap.jpg

There are various places it can be turned on:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/content-creation/15009-always-in-vertex-snapping-mode

( although I can’t find that one right now… )

1 Like

facepalm at ue4 settings. I didn’t find the screen posted in that last link of yours, but it got me thinking that maybe I need to disable it from elsewhere. So I searched editor preferences for “actor snap” and found a shortcut. Then I pressed the shortcut and snapping was off, even though it displayed “Surface Snapping” disabled. Apparently the shortcut has no effect on that ui toggle - bug. So I removed the hotkey bind so as to not accidentally press it. That was so annoying. Thank you very much for helping.

Thanks KeyC0de that works with me ! That was SO annoying!