Actors not on ground in packaged project

HI btengelh,

I’m sorry it’s been a while. I tried re-parenting the AI blueprint that you mentioned above but I receive a crash if I save the project after the change and if I just package the project the AI are still floating above the ground.

I contacted one of our devs for assistance and we will post back as soon as we have a suggestion for you.

Anything? :frowning:

We haven’t gotten a solution for you yet but the issue has been escalated and our devs are actively looking into it.

Hi TJ, I just tested it with the current 4.7 preview build and the problem is still there in the packaged project.

4.7 Preview 3 - issue still there. How is the status?

That should have read: 4.7 Preview 3

Hi btengelh,

The JIRA has moved up in priority and our devs are still investigating the issue. I’ll make sure to add to the report that it is still happening after converting to 4.7 Preview 3.

Hi btengelh,

I’ve been actively working on this issue. I do have an engine code change that fixes this, we are still discussing several possible approaches but I do believe with some confidence that this will be fixed next release.

Thanks for the detailed info along the way, that has helped diagnose the issue (caused by circular dependencies in the assets).

-Zak

Wow, that sounds like a really ugly bug… thanks for the update and crossing fingers for a fix in the next version. Thanks Zak!