Actors being deleted from save files

Why is it that when I save a file and the editor later crashes, the save file does not have the same contents as when I saved it? Frequently the actors I am interacting with are deleted.

This occurs when when I am experimenting with geometry collections and clearly shows that the game is either not saved or that the save file is being tampered with.

It is a recurring problem and it is incredibly annoying. Attempts to recover the deleted actors / geocollections on launch fail 100% of the time.

If the saved data file is damaged or corrupted, your changes may not be saved correctly or may be lost when the editor crashes. Have you checked your storage space as well?

Also note; if you delete any assets while working on a project and then save it, the assets may not be completely removed and could cause problems when you reload the project.

1 Like

Greetings @TealHighCloud !

Just so you’re aware, this topic has been moved from the International forum category to the Development - Platform & Builds forum category.

Remember, when posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Happy Developing!

'- Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator :smiley:

1 Like

Didn’t realise I could scroll in that menu.

1 Like

I have cleaned up my storage space a bit and now crashes are less frequent so it was obviously struggling to store data and then crashing.

I’m going to assume that it was a memory issue as it’s not happened since I had a good clean-up.

Thanks.

1 Like