Actor Won't Destroy

Hi all!
New to Unreal and looking to do a SUPER simple thing. I currently have an object (weapon) that I am having the player equip through an event, which attaches the weapon to the skeletal mesh of the player character through it’s custom socket. Now, this works fine. However, when the weapon equips to the player’s hands, the weapon is still on the ground. Essentially it has cloned itself and stayed on the ground, while the player has it equipped.

I’ve tried multiple ways to “Destoryactor” after the equip axe event, however nothing works. Attached are photos of my setup. Thanks in advance for any and all help! I wouldn’t even be here if it weren’t for this awesome and supportive community :slight_smile:

Hey Ibejared,

There are two things I see.

1. You are missing the connections between the notes. (The White lines).
  2. When you destroy the actor you will also lose all the variables. So there is no need to store it.

Maybe you can try this.

Are you sure the event gets triggered? Use the print string node on your event to make sure.

Did you add it to your interfaces in the blueprint? Where do you call it from?

That was a really fast response! thanks!

So I used print to check if this line was firing…it isn’t. I have no idea why though. When I set up the “equip weapon” event on the same collision object (the weapon) it fires the event just fine when colliding with the player. This one just won’t.

I did not. I’m calling this function from the Axe/weapon component, telling it to destroy itself. Would adding a blueprint interface be a better choice?

Update ! I succeeded in destroying the axe, however, the blueprint now also destroys the axe that goes into the player’s hands. So now instead of him equipping the axe, the axe purely just goes away altogether. I’m going to keep working to see what I can do!