Actor Rotation Set without a 90 Degree Camera

I’d image there’s an easy solution for this, but I currently haven’t found a way. I’m trying to play with the top down example map, and I ran into a small problem…

I’d like my character to rotate to my mouse cursor. The problem is, That I can only get it to work when my camera is at a 90 degree angle. Is there a way to implement this?

Here’s what I currently have in my controller blueprint. This works when I have my camera directly over top, but I don’t want that. I’d like my camera back at like a 60 or 70 degree angle. However whenever I do that, this blueprint fails to spin the character to my mouse cursor. Anyone have any ideas? It’s fired by an event tick about the picture.

Like I said, it works the way I want it to, but only when the camera is directly above.

Simply use a Spring arm with camera component on your Character and Use the mouse input to rotate the Character and since the spring arm is attached to character camera will rotate with the character.

Also better use Add Control Yaw/Pitch input functions that come in character movement component than rotating the character yourself , but that’s not compulsory for the camera thing you’re trying to do

there currently is a spring arm on the character. I don’t want the camera to rotate ever. How do I use the mouse input to rotate the character? lol. I was asking for help on how to do just that. That’s not much help for me here. :slight_smile:

I have a working character rotation with the mouse. but only when my camera is set to 90 degrees. The second I rotate my spring arm none of this works anymore… this is the topdown example too. if that helps. so theres a sring arm and camera.