Actor end overlap trigger while overlaping a new actor

Okey, so If I understand correctly, you want to find out if any actor is overlapping with actor A, therefore you set a variable to true when someone enters and false when they leave.

If you just want to find out if any actor is overlapping, you can use the node “Get Overlapping Actors” to get an array with all overlapping actors then just check if it is large then 0.

If it returns true one or more actor is overlapping with actor A. You can also use it to check if other actors are overlapping before setting your variable to false if you still want to use a bool variable.

Hello,

I am new to Unreal Engine, and I’m sorry if this question has been answered multiple times (couldn’t find it but it seems simple in the idea).

I don’t even know if it’s possible, but I will try to explain it anyway :

I would like the event actor end overlap not to trigger if the actor is still overlaping.

For example :

Event ActorBeginOverlap → Print string “Overlaping” Set Boold Ovrlp to true

Event ActorEndOverlap → Print string Doesn’t overlap anymore. Set Bool Overlap to False

Issue : If the end overlap trigger the bool will be set to false even if the actor is currently overlaping another actor because the begin overlap of this second actor fired before.

I’ve tried a work around → I set the Other actor on begin overlap to a variable Overlaped actor and on end overlap add a Branch to check if the Other actor of end overlap is equal to the overlaped actor object variable, but still the same issue.

Best regards,

Edit :

It’s a Match !

Thanks a lot for your quick and simple answer, it’s a perfect fit for what I was looking for.

(and it was simple, i feel a bit silly but at least I will remember this xD).

Ty again and have a great day !