Actor dissolve while having widget open problem

Hello,

I have a strange problem I can’t figure out. I have a shop widget that I can buy stuff from. After buying the stuff it will spawn on the table and appear with a reversed dissolve effect. The strange thing is that if the widget is open then I can’t see the dissolve effect, the whole item is visible, as soon as I close the widget the dissolve effects becomes visible again.

Looking at the logs, the tick in my dissolve component is still ticking and updating the parameter in the material as expected with the correct values while the widget is open.

I’ve been struggling with this for a while now and I’m wondering if anyone else have encountered something similar?

I posted a gif, it might be a bad quality but the problem should be visible.

GIF:

Hello again. I manage to figure it out. The shop actor that spawns the items and that creates the shop widget when you press on it set the owner of the item to itself (this), and that caused this to happen. After setting the owner to nullptr in the spawnparameters it now works as expected. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.