Action RPG Inventory System

Merging it into your topdown-kit shouldn’t be too different than merging it into lets say, CodeSpartan’s MMO Kit?

On the Inventory System end it would still be very straight forward as it is a modular system.

What I see being the difficult (or maybe only tedious part) would be removing his inventory/item system from his demo content. If you understand his system and take a bit of time to learn the Inventory System you should see that they fit quite well together. There are huge benefits to using the Inventory System in a c++ project with database networking already setup. That will allow you to really enhance the Inventory System.

I am open to creating a tutorial in the future if more people request it.

Looks quite fantastic! Can’t wait to dig in.

Due to popular demand I have added a quick example into the demo content showing
how to make a Player/NPC Character with an Equipment Inventory Component lootable.

There are two demo characters placed in the level now.

1.) Muppet loads his equipment from a specified loadout list and is assigned a loot list to populate his inventory with some random items from that loot table.
2.) Tandy has an NPC_ID and loads his equipment and items from an NPC datatable.

These are just 2 quick examples to show you can easily achieve different behavior with just a little bit of blueprinting.

Thanks! Looking forward to the 27th!

You can also simply dress up an NPC with set clothes and not have them in the inventory. That way it would be like most games where the NPCs look a certain way but they only drop items from their loot table
(which you would most likely setup to give a chance to drop the type of equipment they are wearing).

I would be very interested in this tutorial.

Your system looks great and would (of course) significantly shorten the time required to produce a pre-alpha of our game. While we don’t intend to use the MMO Kit “out of the box”, it’s on our purchase list and knowing that your system would be easy to integrate into it would be a great selling point.

Is the January 27 release date confirmed?

Yes it will be on the Marketplace in less than a week :slight_smile:

I have to admit, I was hoping (3+ weeks ago) that it would be out by the 21st (it was my birthday) lol
but these last 5 days are going to DRAG on by so slowly…

Feels like being a kid again and waiting 5 more sleeps until Christmas! haha

:D, I’m pretty excited it’s finally getting released too

Couple days anymore. Then have 2 weeks time to study packet and then get topdown kit and merging them together. Good basic to our group own mmo game

Yeah, this is probably the most anticipated release on the market place. At least for myself.

I cant find it anywhere but is this system for c++ and programmers only? If so How are Artist suppose to use this? And if it is c++ only will you guys be making a blueprint version. I’m going to be so bummed out if this is not made with blue prints because there is no way I will be able to use it.

Its ’ release is on 27th not today :), so you’re a bit too early. Markedplace releases are always blueprints if I can remember.

Yes it is blueprint only but you can use it in c++ projects also.
Marketplace content is released on Wednesday sometime during EST business hours usually.

How difficult would it be to adapt this to another skeleton (not the Unreal one)?

Very easy as the system doesn’t rely on the unreal skeleton.
You would just have to setup 4 equipment sockets. 2 for rings (if you want to keep equip-able rings), 1 for main hand and 1 for the offhand on your skeleton.

The actual equipment setup for skeletal meshes happens in the EquipmentCharacter blueprint. It has different skeletal mesh slots for equipping items and replicates changes to other players and syncs them to animate with your character. The only issue would be that the demo equipment items are skinned to the unreal skeleton. But they are just demo items and meant to be replaced anyways.

Tomorrow is the day which i have waited for long time. Price will be about 30-40usd??

YES YES YES!!! thank you

Very nice work, how hard would it to be to build on this, i would like to add in a crafting system for my survival game im working on thanks.