Action RPG Inventory System

This inventory is only limited to your skill level changing basic logic like that is up to you the inventory is a template to build off nothing more.

Thank you :slight_smile: I just had those doubts. I must say when I read the “mesh thing equipped” I got all confused :stuck_out_tongue: I though it wouldnt let me get the item stats… but after it was said I could also get the info from the equipped slots, that cleared up like everything :stuck_out_tongue:

again, +1!

OFF: mind telling me how you linked that animation in the menu? :stuck_out_tongue: just ideas to get me going

@Namesis
I found this video a few weeks back, this could help you figure out how to get that linked up :wink:

Yeah that is very similar but that will not work on a networked game and it also wont show you how to apply each attached item to the display character.

Item Select using the mouse wheel.

Version 1.5 - Submitted March 31st 2016
------- Update Notes -------

I am putting together an Update that makes a few small tweaks to remove some editor warnings and fixes a small UI issue when upgrading to 4.11.
This will be submitted as an update to 4.10 so that way if you upgrade to 4.11 when you feel it’s more stable you will have these warnings addressed.

Bug Fix Fixed missing font assignment on the Inventory widget GoldAmount element.
In 4.11 UE4 will no longer assign it’s default font Roboto if there is no font specified
[SPOILER]
[Inventory] Widget

• Simply select the GoldAmount element and assign the Font to Roboto(or any font your project has) as shown in this screenshot.
    If you do not see any fonts make sure you check the visibility setting and select “show engine content”.

[/SPOILER]

Warning Fixed a warning that was shown when the logic for AddInventorySlot() was checking is valid on an array get node when creating the players inventory slots.
[SPOILER]
[InventoryManagerComponent]

• In the AddInventorySlot() function replace the code to check IsValid on the array get with the new logic shown as selected in this screenshot.

[/SPOILER]

Warning Fixed a warning in the EquipmentCharacter caused by the components RightRing, LeftRing, MainHand and OffHand having an Anim Class set to the ThirdPerson Anim blueprint.

[SPOILER]
[EquipmentCharacter]

• Simply set the Anim Class to None on the RightRing, LeftRing, MainHand and OffHand components. The components you need to change are highlighted in this screenshot.

[/SPOILER]

------- 4.11 Notes -------

The Action RPG Inventory System has no major issues with updating from 4.10 to 4.11.

There is one small UI issue where you may see the Inventory Gold Amount text not rendering properly.
This will be addressed in the small update mentioned above but you can fix it easily yourselves.

bug_411_Inventory.png

You can fix this by going into the* UI/Blueprints/Inventory/*Inventory widget and setting the font on GoldAmount to Roboto
(Or any other font your project has) If you don’t see any fonts make sure you have “Show Engine Content” enabled.

Are fonts other than Roboto <cringe> supported?

Yes just add a custom font and select it with the drop down.

Haha yes you can setup any font you want.
Roboto is just the default engine font so everyone already has it in their project.

Awesome looking inventory, can you help point me where you found how to do that? I am trying to customise mine as well and can’t see this in the normal HUD or there is one. How did you customise yours?

I’m not seeing the code now, but i believe it was on the blueprint “hudlayout” and then there is, in the menu that contains all the elements of the hud,… one called “inventory layout” (with a blue square i think). Once you open that one (right click, edit blueprint) you can see the layout of the system itself (you will need to right click equipment/inventory widgets and edit blueprint to get into it)… Otherwise, you could just do a search on the content folder ‘Equipment’ and im sure you will find the hud… If its the inventory, then look for inventory-

I have this project, and converted to multiplayer… I have some questions:

• when a zombie is dead and I click it, server spams an error “attempted to get an item from array callfunc_spheremultifx something…” like really spam and can be laggy
  • how do I add, for example, the dead zombie to be lootable?
  • when two players are online, I cannot hit the other player. Is there a way to enable this?

If it’s spamming something like get an item from array it sounds like something got unhooked during the merge. Please email me at support@vanguardinteractive.com for help with that.
By default in the MP TopDown Kit the players are not hostile. You can still hit eachother but you need to set the player character to hostile in it’s defaults if you want to be able to attack him directly with mouse targeting behavior. If you have any questions please email me at support@vanguardinteractive.com.

I could spend a tutorial eat stir RPG Inventory

I don’t know what you’re saying, but I would like to see this tutorial :wink:

XD 10 char

I thought i would share a better way to set the visibility and position of the Tooltip, I created this way because of a bug i was getting when some times the Tooltip would still be visible even when a slot wasn’t hovered.

b92ae5231f1630e6eb009cfe2329205ccac74d49.jpeg

Hey !

It’s awesome to see you’re still updating the project and posting patches !

I’m running into a small issue, I’m trying to do a 'starting equipment ’ function, by copying the ‘Load NPCEquipment’ one you have on the NPC character. However, I’m having an error with the Player Inventory Component node. Apparently it’s inherited on the NPC character, but I can’t find it when I open the parent, and even if my character and the NPC one have the same parent, I can’t seem to find it in mine by default.
Any idea what I could be doing wrong ? :slight_smile: 5c87652c7f7573c78b433e7e77378f4ccc2854c7.jpeg

Thats because its a component not a custom variable add it using the add component button.

Omg that worked <3 You sir made my day.