Action Mapping/ InputAction stops firing periodically

Perhaps someone has run into this issue. If I use the action mapping like “InputAction Attack/ Primary weapon attack”, then it will occasionally stop firing completely, and then a few seconds later it will start firing again. If I specify a button for attacking like X or left mouse button, then I can play continuously without Interruption.  I am not sure what the issue is. I have tested in a packaged game (development and shipping) with “Consume Input” enabled and disabled, however the error persists regardless. I have also tried creating a new action mapping using the left mouse button “InputAction Attack” and it encounters the same behavior.
So far I haven’t seen my other action mapping encounter this issue, however as this is my main attack button, it could be that I don’t press those buttons as often as the primary attack button. Has anyone else run into this issue before? My project is currently on 4.25 source version. I have upgraded from previous versions before. My next test will be to completely remove my action mappings and set them back and see if the issue occurs. I have attached an image to show my setup.

Yea I have a UI, seems i have a few of them in my main character BP, but not in the controller itself. I will try it out.

Do you have any UI in your game? It could be capturing the mouse input somehow? Quick way to test would be to set “Set Input Mode Game Only” on Player Controller.

My input mode was missing the player controller and I added the viewport Mouse Capture, that seems to have fixed the issue. I will do more testing to make sure, as the issue is sometimes hard to replicate.