Account security and KYC

So almost 1 week ago my account was hijacked. You then proceeded to send emails detailing all my account names that had been linked to my hijacked email. Although this was now secure, its not really an issue. This could of been far worse in the case of a data breach.

I think you should change tactics,
Make it take almost a week to change email, Then 5 min or less to recover. lol, god i hope i never have to do this again. It is un acceptable that someone can steal my account within 5 mins from a different country’s I.p then takes me over a week to regain this. Not to mention i would like to be online at the point you give me back access so i can swiftly enable 2FA. I mean its a 20 year old email address and they didn’t even bother with my ubisoft account, steam or anything else.

Like maybe add a feature to lock your email address unless proved account holder. Would certainly cut down on account sellers too.

Also invest heavy n KYC “know your customer” make them prove before gaining an account. That way you can cut down on age restricted sales too and card fraud. Just amazes me how I have stocks sites, credit card sites, banking sites, gambling sites all untouched and they go for my epic account.

Thankfully i have now enabled not 2 but 6 different security measures just to protect my email.

but hey ho, thought i would add my 2 cents for what its worth. I also gained the buyers xbox live gammer tag which they had added to my account and i sent them a message stating i was not pleased they had bought my account. For 15 in currency too not sure what currency. Needless to say they got a report from me to Microsoft about account buying as it is a violation of the terms so hopefully not only do they lose my epic account but also there live account.

1 Like

Hi there @Evilhope11,

Thank you for providing the feedback! This area of the forums is designed for the developers and publishers to launch on the Epic Games Store rather than general Epic Accounts.

I totally understand how annoying it is to have someone take over your account and then struggle to get it back. It seems like making things safer with better checks on who’s creating an account could help a lot. I learned about this tool, ID Analyzer, that checks IDs super fast, makes sure the person is actually there using the camera, and pulls out important info without someone having to type it all in. This way, it’s not just quicker but a lot safer, making it tough for the bad guys to get in. Using something like Identity Verification with ID Analyzer could really make a difference in keeping things smooth and secure.

1 Like

Im happy to hear someones issue got resolved… I got mine taken and support continues to close my tickets without help. I even made a PDF with all my receipts ID’s. I WANT MY ACCOUNT BACK. This is annoying.