Accidental Modification of Engine Content?

Well, honestly I don’t know how I even managed to open this up in first place, but my content browser is showing engine content folders and c++ classes. On one hand, I can’t compile a function that has loop in it without errors. On other hand I have this on my screen (I think I screwed up something real bad?)
Tried verifiying engine hoping it has something to do with local files but nothing really changed.
Tried making a new project and copying non-engine content (created by myself) to it. Didn’t make a difference either.
So any advice on how to proceed without starting from scratch for my project?

Did you add a for loop with an array and then change type of array?

Tbh, reinstall engine. And don’t copy over content from your other project until you’ve confirmed it works without your content.

I might have done that. But please someone say there is another way.

Have you tried starting a new project and not copying your files over?

What would be point of it? Without content, I have to start all over again.
After verifying engine I am almost sure it works fine in a new project though.

I don’t understand how you could’ve accidentally done this. I do notice one thing that seems odd however. Looking at bottom right of your screenshot, it seems that For Each Loop macro’s logic is inside of a Widget Blueprint which doesn’t match up with engine content. Did you try copying For Each Loop from engine content and this happened in turn? Also, are you using a binary version of editor (from launcher) or a source built engine from Github?

I have binary version. I haven’t intentionally did this. As I said, I am quite confused as well that how hell I managed to open this up in first place :slight_smile:

I believe reason wants you to check this is to determine if what you changed was engine content or part of your project. engine content is shared across all projects so if issue happens in a new project, then that is what got edited. If it only happens in projects that you copy your content to, then it’s something wrong with your user-made content.

I would suggest trying 's suggestion and seeing if you can make a fresh project with a blueprint that just has a For Each Loop inside of it to see if it works correctly. If so, that would mean that it isn’t engine content itself that is having issue

Well, I kind of gave up and deleted entire project. Reinstalled engine and started anew :slight_smile: Thanks for your interest about issue.

As an aside, Engine Content and Engine C++ Classes folders can become visible if you enable Show Engine Content in View Options menu inside Content Browser:

72863-viewoptions.png

If you add or alter any C++ in project, or it’s a C++ project to begin with, it will also show you C++ Classes folder.

Just something to keep in mind for future.

click the verify button and it would check integrity of your engine, then reinstall your engine accordingly

Epic >> Launcher >> Library >> [engine] >> verify

313564-d8a70b93041e124e760d462ddfa12af.png

Anyone know if there’s a way to “lock” folders so they can’t be modified but still be referenced/copied? I must have fat fingers because I accidentally drag files around into wrong directories sometimes.

I just had this happen to me today. GRR

Engine/Content/EditorBlueprintResources/StandardMacros.uasset. Running setup.bat removed modified version.