Accessing a widget variable in blueprint!

Hi there!

Please let me know how to access a variable created in a Widget in another actor blueprint?

Here are the reference images of my widget.

You will need to tell us where you create the widget and where is the another actor.

The actor is a blueprint class actor placed in the same level

The actor is in the level. Cool. And the widget is created in… the level blueprint, too?

Seeing how this is about light intensity & slider, could you briefly describe what’s the end goal here? Do you want to just access the variable OR do you actually want to use a slider to control light intensity of another actor’s light.

Use a slider to control the light intensity of another actor’s light

And yet, you still refuse to answer the question…

Where do you create the widget - in which blueprint?

Sadly, I find it difficult to understand what you want to do.

I’m creating the widget in another
actor blueprint called “Light”, where
i used a spot light whose intensity
I’m trying to change with the slider
in game mode

So now we have 2 widgets all of sudden?! One in the actor in the scene and 1 in the Game Mode?

I’ll assume that you want to use a slider that you created in the Game Mode to change intensity of a light component of an actor that you’ve placed in the level.

• in the Game Mode:

• in the Actor with the Light Component:

• in the Level Blueprint:

Image from Gyazo

If that’s not what you want, you’ll need to clarify what is supposed to control what.

I’m creating the widget in another actor blueprint called “Light”, where i used a spot light whose intensity I’m trying to change with the slider in game mode

Thanks for the brief info! Apologize for not explaining you clearly. I’m novice to unreal Engine.