Accessed None on a blueprint with only a mesh in it

Hello all I’m packaging out test projects for the gear vr to test FPS. So I threw in one of the new fantasy creatures that I bought from the marketplace into the level (wyvern) The level is the default one piece floor with the FPS character in it plus the Wyvern BP that only has the animated mesh, capsuleComponent, and an arrow. When I load the level into the gear it opens up fine but there is no Wyvern inside the level the weird thing is that its collision is definitely there cuz I run into it but its beautiful dragonling mesh is not there. I looked into the output log and see this LogScript warning showing up but I have no idea how to fix it. Does anybody have a clue?

LogScript:Warning: Accessed None ‘CallFunc_TryGetPawnOwner_ReturnValue’ WyvernAnimBP_C /Engine/Transient.CharacterMesh0:WyvernAnimBP_C_168 Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:012B LogScript:Warning: Accessed None ‘CallFunc_TryGetPawnOwner_ReturnValue’ WyvernAnimBP_C /Engine/Transient.CharacterMesh0:WyvernAnimBP_C_168 Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:0077 LogScript:Warning: Accessed None ‘CallFunc_TryGetPawnOwner_ReturnValue’ WyvernAnimBP_C /Engine/Transient.CharacterMesh0:WyvernAnimBP_C_168 Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:00A2 LogScript:Warning: Accessed None ‘CallFunc_TryGetPawnOwner_ReturnValue’ WyvernAnimBP_C /Engine/Transient.CharacterMesh0:WyvernAnimBP_C_168 Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:012B LogScript:Warning: Accessed None ‘CallFunc_TryGetPawnOwner_ReturnValue’ WyvernAnimBP_C /Engine/Transient.CharacterMesh0:WyvernAnimBP_C_168 Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:0077 LogScript:Warning: Accessed None ‘CallFunc_TryGetPawnOwner_ReturnValue’ WyvernAnimBP_C /Engine/Transient.CharacterMesh0:WyvernAnimBP_C_168 Function /Game/Wyvern/Animations/WyvernAnimBP.WyvernAnimBP_C:ExecuteUbergraph_WyvernAnimBP:00A2

I have a warning similar to yours whenever I open up my character’s animation blueprint. Don’t know what’s causing it:

LogScript:Warning: Accessed None ‘CallFunc_TryGetPawnOwner_ReturnValue9’

Did you found the solution to get rid of the warning?

Thanks.

2015/08/25 edit:

I found out the cause of the warning.

In my animation blueprint, I was calling a morph function through my player controller during tick.

Problem is, there is no player controller spawned, since i’m not in game or PIE, hence the warning.

I made a check for validity of my player controller before calling morph function and the warning disappeared.

Hi ,

Can you show me a screenshot of your event graph. Specifically, I need to see anywhere you are referencing the player, such as get pawn or get player.

Hi ,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.