Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

I’ve gotten this crash way too often whenever I’m working in blueprint, doesn’t matter what I’m trying to accomplish, the report below is always the same and never changes, thoughts?

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

SS2OSD SS2OSD UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsWindow::BringToFront() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowswindow.cpp:482] UE4Editor_SlateCore!SWindow::ShowWindow() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slatecore\private\widgets\swindow.cpp:1204] UE4Editor_GraphEditor!FGraphEditorDragDropAction::SetFeedbackMessage() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\grapheditor\private\grapheditordragdropaction.cpp:103] UE4Editor_GraphEditor!FGraphEditorDragDropAction::SetSimpleFeedbackMessage() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\grapheditor\private\grapheditordragdropaction.cpp:127] UE4Editor_GraphEditor!FDragConnection::HoverTargetChanged() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\grapheditor\private\dragconnection.cpp:98] UE4Editor_GraphEditor!SGraphPin::OnDragLeave() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\grapheditor\private\sgraphpin.cpp:648] UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::RoutePointerMoveEvent() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4769] UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseMoveEvent() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5232] UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnMouseMove() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5171] UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1548] UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1850] UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:745] UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:667] user32 user32 UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:903] UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2729] UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:148] UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126] UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200] UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264] kernel32 ntdll

Hello ,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints/settings that may be involved?

Its hard to tell the exact reason, but it is always in blueprint when I’m trying to do something I’ve never done before. Typically when I am trying to get a reference to something, whether it be a mesh or an actor and I use the wrong inputs, but UE catches it and lets me know, it doesn’t crash at that moment, but when I start disconnecting the incorrectly set up nodes and trying to fix it is when it happens. The following screenshot for example would cause this error as well as a pure virtual function call C++ crash which I have a separate bug report for:

111361-gserfgwerfgwef.png

Ok, it happened again. I was setting up the nodes I have circled:

I had to start over again of course, but this time it didn’t crash.

Hello ,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on our end. Could you provide a zipped down copy of your project so that I could take a closer look? Could you also include steps to reproduce the crash in the project provided?’

Hello ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

Thanks,

Hi Rudy,

This happened in a clean project just now where I reproduce work I’ve learned from tutorials. This time I was simply adding a lifetime to a particle system, completely different from the original cause. This leads me to believe it isn’t reproduceable, but something random. I used to have this happen all the time when I had FPS counters enabled from Nvidia GeForce Experience. But it happens whether its running or not.

If at any point you have a way to reproduce this issue please feel free to share the steps or project needed to reproduce this on our end and I will be happy to assist you further.