Access none trying to read property MovementCurve51

So I’m using ALS4 and everything was working fine. Until one time, when I started the game and I couldn’t move. So I exited and an error message showed saying “Access none trying to read property Movement_Curve_51”. Anyone has any idea what this could be?

Somehow the adding of static mesh broke the ALS4 so I have to start again.

Good SIR! I HAVE THE SOLUTION! I HAVE SEARCHED FOR IT FOR WEEKS BUT IT’S FINALLY HERE!
All you have to do is right-click on the beginplay node in the ALS_Animman_CharacterBP and then click “Add call to parent function” and then connect those nodes, and everything works great!
I hope I have been of service,
ShakeATower4

(Forgive the capslock. I have put a lot of time into a project and seeing it break broke my heart as well, so you can assume I had an equal and opposite reaction when I found out how to fix it. :grin: )

1 Like

Was surprised this worked. Had to start a project all over because of this. Thank you very much!!!

You have to be careful when dealing with those child blueprints. The reason the problem started was probably because Tobikoo added a beginplay node without adding a call to the parent function; this resulted in an override of the beginplay event for the ALS_AnimMan_CharacterBP, so initial setup never happened, thus disabling movement. If you end up making children of the CharacterBP, make sure to add calls to the parent function there too or it’ll break the character in a similar manner.
Regards,
ShakeATower4

Clarification: this must be done directly in the character in which you are working. (it may not be the ALS_Animman_CharacterBP).

Thank you very much for the solution, I’ve been looking for it for a while too.
I was completely stuck. Thanks again! :beers: