AC-130 Gunship movement style ideas

Hello all, I’m working on a concept that follows the idea of an AC 130 gunship regarding camera movement. I need to be able to move in a circle or oval motion, while giving the camera the option to move up down in left and right while maintaining position in the flight path. I have a few ideas in mind, but I want to make sure My methods don’t bog the game down.

1. can I move the camera along the spine that is repeatable and allows the camera to move in the directions freely like I’m hoping for.
  2. Using a spring arm, I use a tick function that moves the rotation at the base creating a circle.
  3. I use target locations on the level script and move to each one, which moving in a circle smoothly would require a lot of them.

If I’m overthinking this and there is a simpler way to do this, please feel free to let me know. I am doing all of this in blueprints.

not sure of the project you have but:
Making an actor , you can just rotate a scene component with a child at some distance
to have all the locations you need.
If you need to ovalize the motion you can also get the x of these locations and multiply it by something like 1.1, 1.3 1.5…2 this will deform the circlar pattern in a more oval

if you want a more “pill” shape
you can also script the path like:
from X-20 to x+20 , dont rotate just go straight.
otherwise rotate the scene component and dont rotate.
maybe this is not much clear, XD

Linking those 2 for convenience:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/1025071/view.html