I started Absention as a solo passion project to learn UE4 and it has helped me land my last 2 jobs as a 3D Artist.
I am currently looking for a dedicated Programmer to help make a demo which I plan to release for free alongside a Kickstarter and other funding prospects.
I am offering a partnership until funding is acquired and will hopefully pay you with an agreed percentage and hopefully a more permanent role after depending on the success of this phase.
Trapped in a time loop where you relive the same night. Explore a mysterious lake house and uncover what happened to your missing father.
- Highly realistic visuals
- 1 enemy, 1 maze-like environment
- Some randomization of rooms and objects
- Single player, first person
- Developed with VR in mind but not essential
- Completed Design Document for the demo
- All environments in various states of polish
- Using 4.16.1
Dream Wave Games
Robert Bruce (Project Creator)
3D Artist, Game Designer, basic Blueprint knowledge
N/A - first company title. However, I am a professional Senior 3D Artist by day and worked on many global Interactive and VR commercial projects.
- 1x Programmer/Developer
- Familiar with C++ & Blueprints
- Experience with Perforce a bonus.
- Expected to develop player interactivity, object interactions, enemy A.I etc
- Remote is okay, English speaking is a must
To be clear. I’m just one person who really believes in this project. It’s hard for me to ask so much without upfront payment, however I know it can pay off.
I’ve done as much as I can by myself and finally feel comfortable to ask for help. If you start this project you’ll be provided with a comprehensive Design Doc and assets to start ASAP. I have a clear goal and hope we can create something special.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.