About the problem of outputting multiple pictures after rendering

I try to use the camera to output a large number of rendered pictures. When exporting images, the pictures are constantly covered. I want to know how to set the filename node so that the file name will not be overwritten due to repetition.

Welcome to the Unreal Engine forums @Jiang210203.

This topic has been moved from International to Programming & Scripting: Blueprint.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space. Hopefully, this category change will help you to get an answer.

In the meantime, good luck and happy developing! :slight_smile:

Hey @Jiang210203! Welcome to the forums!

Are you wanting to randomly generate a filename or set a filename yourself?

If you are wanting to set the name yourself, you will need to use a widget that will set a string variable that is called when Export Texture 2D called for File Name.

If you want it randomly generated, you can use a method similar to this forum thread:

I hope the above provides the solution you need!

Thank you for your reply. After I set the file name myself, the newly generated picture will overwrite the old picture because the file name is repeated.
I want to know if I can make the file name increase in the order of 1, 2, 3, 4 Export my picture. This will not only allow the pictures to be exported in an orderly manner, but also prevent them from being continuously overwritten.thank you for your reply. After I set the filename myself, the newly generated image will overwrite the old one due to the duplicate filename. I’m wondering if it’s possible to export my pictures with the filenames incrementing in the order 1, 2, 3, 4. This can not only allow the pictures to be exported in an orderly manner, but also prevent the pictures from being continuously overwritten.
Or can I put the real time as the filename so that the output image is guaranteed not to be overwritten.

Hey @Jiang210203,

If you want to want to set your image with the date and time to ensure they are different, you can use the Now node → Break Date Time → Append (string) and output that string as your file name. It can be as accurate as milliseconds. Here is an example:

I hope the above is the solution you need!

1 Like