About Making a Game Dev Studio & Workstation

Well having been involved in several startups, I’ve found the most successful ones tend to spend the least amount of money on stuff like office space and other things not core to the business. Last startup I was at I was the first employee in a 3 person startup, and they were bringing in 150k per month when they brought me on, and we were at 200k per month before we got our first office, and it was pretty small, nothing fancy. They could have ‘afforded’ a lot more.

On the other hand the startups I was at that failed, spent all sorts of time on office space and other stuff that they didn’t really need.

Check out local incubators if you are serious about getting an office, they often have shared spaces. Here in Seattle there are several that offer this.

I agree with snacktime, unless you are funded, way too many startup get an office for pride before they actually need one and the only winner is the landlord until you go belly up should you not produce positive revenue in a reasonable timeframe.