Aborting import process; Why?

Hello,
first of all forgive me if I don’t use the right technical words as I’m quite new to this.

Until a few days ago I have been importing c++ projects from “Articy Draft 3” using its plug-in (although the fact that it is “Articy” in this case has no relevance since the problem does not come from there). However, now, every time I try, I get the following error message when Unreal compiles the imported information:

Aborting import process. No cache available to restore. Deleting import asset but leaving generated code intact. Please delete manually in Source/ArticyGenerated if necessary and rebuild. Reason: OtherCompilationError.

I keep manually deleting what it tells me, but when I re-import I get the same message over and over again no matter what version of unreal 5 I use or that I make a new project.

I have been told that this must be caused by having several unfinished unreal processes, in memory, blocking the dll that Unreal tries to generate while compiling. I have left a new unreal project half a day open for it to finish these supposed processes, but the result is the same.

I also updated Visual Studio to version 2022, but it doesn’t change anything (in fact now it won’t let me compile for some reason).

If there is something I am missing due to my lack of knowledge or if something has been updated in unreal that I don’t know about; could someone explain it to me?

Also it would be helpful if you have a video tutorial that can help me. I leave here the tutorial I did a long time ago on how to do the import so you can see how before I could do this without problems: Exporting Articy project to Unreal engine 5 - Eng/Esp - Troubleshooting export problems - YouTube

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi, after many, many attempts for over a month, I think I know where the error was. Recently, I installed Visual Studio 2022 along with several add-ons. However, the program informed in a little window that maybe it was advisable to install something related to compatibility with Linux systems (I use Windows 10 and did not pay attention to it).

So I finally installed that add-on for Linux environments and now everything seems to be fine and the message “Other compilation error” has stopped appearing.

Hi, I have the same issue, but I can’t find the right Visual Studio components that would be responsible for linux integration, can you please share your Visual Studio setup, or if you can find the exact name of the components, that to share them? Thanks in advance