Abducted (Steam Early Access)

Hey everyone! Wanted to share a game I’m working on called Abducted. It’s pretty far along on Steam EA and is nearing a retail release. A quick synopsis of the game:

“Abducted by aliens and taken thousands of light years from home, you have one ultimate goal: Escape. But you have so many unanswered questions… How did you get here? What is this place? Who took you and why?”

Some recent video from the latest Beta release:
Intro Gameplay

Open World Gameplay

NPC Gameplay

Dreamscape Gameplay

Link to the Steam Page:

Any feedback and questions are welcome. The game is in a Beta state, runs on Windows and Mac currently with more platforms planned in the future. Abducted utilizes Ue4 4.20.3 and is a Blueprints based project. Performance is great, very happy with how everything runs.

My background:
Pro developer with 20 years experience. I worked on Battlefield 2, Borderlands 1 and 2 and many other titles. In 2012 I released an indie game called Crow (non-unreal engine based) and have been working with Unreal for a long time (modder from the old days, Unreal 3 and 4 developer ever since). I did VR development for Autodesk (I keep thinking about how I can put those VR dev skills to use, might be a VR version of this game in the future) and most recently I helped out Bosskey on building out their Ue4 based Radical Heights gameplay. So I’ve been doing this for a while, and platform/porting development is one of my specialties (ps3/ps4, xbox, ios, vive, oculus etc). Abducted will be coming to more platforms in the future and is designed to be a highly portable project.

Thanks for reading and checking it out!

Beta 1.34 is up today and the game is approaching some graphical final touches. Gonna be moving this to 4.22 and realtime ray tracing probably within the month.