A year in the making - My fisrt Unreal 5 Short

I thought the best way to learn Unreal Engine was to work through a single project and this is the end result. It took over a year of watching tutorials, getting through software updates and all the other hundreds of little things I had to learn and adapt to along the way. There were plenty of frustrating days. I gave up twice. The best advise I can give is do a storyboard and stick to it. It’s very easy to drift off in a new direction as some new plugin or whatever comes on the market.

This is my first short. I learned a huge amount about short film making and have figured out enough of ‪@UnrealEngine‬ to understand that even one person can create pretty much anything from the comfort of your own home, system and time allowing :wink:

3 Likes

Great short! I’ve been learning to use UE5 for just about a month now, after a very long break and many previous attempts, and you’ve made me realize that with enough time and effort, the result can be amazing. Did it take you a long time to transition from another software? Was it Blender btw?

Amazing work! wonder why only few’s seeing this for such long time

1 Like

Hi there @TheDigiVault,

Hope you’re well :slight_smile:

Definitely agree with @CrazyMage. No clue how I missed this one for so long. Especially with how rad it looks. Hope we get to see more of your work soon. :smiley:

1 Like