A variety of rendering questions

I’ve got several questions about affecting how my scene renders. I’ve searched much of the API, forums, and answers, without really finding any answers. So I apologize if this has been answered already somewhere.

1. How can I render only one object? Is there some way to flip the visibility flag on all but one object? Or add objects to a layer and choose which layer to render? I see the “layer” functionality in the editor, but that doesn’t seem to have any affect on the actual running game.

2. How can I render only the back faces of an object? (I’ve added a question about this one: How to render back faces only? - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums) I’m using the “TwoSidedSign” material node, but that doesn’t seem to be working.

One other way to do this would be to move the camera to the opposite side of the object, and render from that point of view. Of course I need to hide all other object, so see question 1.

1. How can I access the depth buffer in a render texture? The best way I can see to do this would be to create a post process material that renders the depth buffer, and add that to a scenecapturecomponent. However, it seems like a long way to get a depth buffer. If the deferred render system already captures a depth buffer, is there any way to access that directly?