I managed to create this repo GitHub - NansPellicari/UE4-TPL-CppWithTestEnv: Launch your tests and code coverage in UE4 project with just 1 commandline + get nice reports! which:
- uses google test and OpenCppCoverage as dependencies
- is inspired by Eric Lemes articles unit-tests-in-unreal-pt-1 - unit-tests-in-unreal-pt-2 - unit-tests-in-unreal-pt-3
- allows to launch tests (Google tests + UE4 automation tests) with a simple command line
- creates an additional PROGRAM build beside your project build to build & launch **Google tests **fast (very very fast)
- creates and display nice reports https://github.com/NansPellicari/UE4…s-it-look-like
- adds some usefull scripts to help developer workflow
For now it is only a github repo and I have to test and improve it (should be great to have your feedbacks too), but as a “next step goal”:
I wonder if it can be usefull for some people having it as a Project template directtly in the engine code?
And if some people already experiment this, if this repo can be easily transformed as a project template (regarding dependencies & requirements, architecture,etc…)?