I know the guys at Epic are working on the Marketplace and that it will be public for everyone to sell an buy content but I would like to write a few lines about what I would expect from the matketplace and maybe others can write their ideas.
- I think this will be included by default but I am going to mention it anyway: a vote and rating system for the content, number of downloads.
- I hope that the Marketplace will be available for all regions/countries where Unreal Engine 4 is available so anyone can Buy and Sell content.
- All the material is reviewed by Epic before being posted on the Marketplace (to make sure it contains what is advertised). I believe Epic will take a percent from the transactions (as Apple or Google does) so reviewing the uploads shouldn’t be a problem.
- What I would really like to see is a Request Page in the Marketplace. I will elaborate:
For example I would like a full tutorial for an Adventure Game (and I will make that request a separate thread). Now, one can make a suggestion to Epic and if it is voted and Epic has time (as I am sure they have a lot of things to work on) it may be or it may not be made. Another approach would be to request this to be made by someone with skills from the community and sold on the Marketplace. For example I would open the Request Page and I would say I will pay 50$ for such a tutorial. If there are other users interested they could log in and say if they would like such a tutorial and what they would pay - so someone gets interested enough to make the tutorial and the others get the tutorial.
- An universal format provided by Epic: all content must have a description, screenshots, keywords, examples (for music) an so on.
Anyway these are some of my ideas I would love to see other ideas added to the thread.