Hello, I’m having a little issue with the save game system that I’ve been working on. I am using the tutorial found here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…ame/index.html
What I have is 3 files
- Widget which accesses game instance whenever, so if a game setting is changed, it will go to “change x setting function” in GameInstance_IN
- GameInstance_IN is where I save the global variables and the like. It has a “Check save exists”, “Create save game”, “Load save game” functions. It also contains a function to save the new framerate from the widget (1).
- SaveGameLocal blueprint file contains variables I wish to save.
- Whenever I print the save file it shows saveGameLocal_C## (# = new incremental number) Is this a new save file?
- Whenever I try to save new changes (GameInstance_IN) it says Accessed None to the FramesCounter variable.
I don’t have this issue if I use a player controller but for some reason I can’t seem to cast the data from inside GameInstance_IN to SaveGameLocal
In the screenshot provided during the forloop it says First index: 0 and Last index: 1. I meant to keep it as 0 before taking the screenshots.
Does GameInstance not work like I think it should? o.O
Thank you for your time!