A little details panel feedback

Hey guys, I’m back with more feedback!

Love this transform editor panel. There is ample spacing for the points. The X/Y/Z colors are a nice touch of flare, but I’m perplexed, why are the Location, Rotation and Scale underlined and clickable? They don’t appear to do anything…

transform.png

Now, if I provide my own vector property in a blueprint its appearance is starkly different. Its clear you want to align the property name column, but I’m hoping you can divvy up the spacing better so that there is more room for the property values, feels a little cramped right now.

There is substantially less space for the Door End point’s value, and it doesn’t have the same X/Y/Z flare.

point_gizmo.png

One useful addition that would be great for vector variables that can be manipulated with gizmos, add a small button, or make the text clickable that when clicked, shifts the focus of the gizmo to the point to be manipulated. As if the point had been clicked in the viewport.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass that along. :slight_smile:

why are the Location, Rotation and Scale underlined and clickable? They don’t appear to do anything…

They should switch between relative and absolute transforms. The default is for the root component’s transforms to be relative to its parent component. Clicking one of them toggles that one to absolute. If the Actor isn’t attached to another Actor, both should appear the same for Location since it’s root component has no parent, or maybe it’s parented to the world which is (0,0,0). The same would be true if the base Actor is located at (0,0,0).

You can see the effect by toggling Location on one of the 3 meshes in the default map. They should jump back and forth since they are attached to the ground mesh and it is not at (0,0,0).

Ah, nice. It works on the default objects, but doesn’t change (the name, still says location, never abs location) when done on the tutorial door, and there’s no feedback to indicate why.

Thanks for the feedback!

We went ahead and entered a feature request into our database for consideration for the “and it doesn’t have the same X/Y/Z flare” issue.

One useful addition that would be great for vector variables that can be manipulated with gizmos, add a small button, or make the text clickable that when clicked, shifts the focus of the gizmo to the point to be manipulated. As if the point had been clicked in the viewport.

In the details for a vector variable you can enable Show Widget. When you place the blueprint in the level it will show a widget which you can move around.

Awesome.

About the widget - I know about the show widget option, what I’m suggesting is an addition that that feature - an alternative method of shifting focus to said widget. In situations where lots of points overlap, or all default on top of eachother, like in a list they all default to 0,0,0, you want/need another way to select them, that allows you to distinguish which to select when many overlap visually.