A list of engine bugs that I will mention here

1 - When you do several interactions and work on a character blueprint and add several child components, replication stops working for some child components, making it q to be abandoned at the level as if they were not attached.

2 - This bug is difficult to reproduce: When you add a certain blueprint on the level and play on a dedicated server standalone this error happens:
[2020.05.07-20.55.09:441][ 46]LogNet: Error: UEngine::BroadcastNetworkFailure: FailureType = ConnectionTimeout, ErrorString = UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection… Elapsed: 60.01, Real: 60.01, Good: 60.01, DriverTime: 70.37, Threshold: 60.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:58181, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: YES, PC: ControllerSetup1_C_0, Owner: ControllerSetup1_C_0, UniqueId: NULL:DESKTOP-FSE8DDS-C152E4BA471EF8DEE09F918775A97CF7, Driver = GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0

3 - When you add 4 lights with shadows activated, the motor disables the shadows between them. OK this is normal but when you remove one of these lights or all the lights the engine does not reactivate the shadows keeping the level shadows off forever.

4 - Sometimes if I put a blueprint on the level, save everything, then leave the level and go to another and edit the blueprint that I put on that other level and then compile and save, if I go back to the level where that blueprint was , the changes I made do not appear on the blueprint placed on the level. This bug does not always happen.

5 - There is a lighting conflict between Sky light and global lighting of the infinite post-processing volume that happens after compiling the lighting.

6 - Spawn an actor that contains a 3d widget the 3d widget does not work on controller BP

7 - Get all actors in the class: If I pull the “For Each loop” pin before selecting the actor’s class to get the graph it doesn’t work.

8 - In version 4.24.3 if you place a movable actor with movable components on the level and play in standalone with the dedicated server mode enabled all movable actors are teleported to location 0 in the world. But it only happens if the rebase origin of the world is being used in the blueprint of the level, it doesn’t happen if I spawn an movable actor dynamically by the server.

These are the bugs that I have been facing since 2016 and that happen from version 4.12 to 4.24.3 and have never been fixed.

1 Like

As I remember the bugs or discover more of them, I will add them here, I hope the development team will one day see this page.

1 Like

Use this form to report a Bug to a dev - Report a Bug - Unreal Engine. Answerhub is community place.

Bugs are a necessary evil, but they don’t have to be a pain to deal with. There are dozens of bug tracking tools that help streamline and organize the defect management process. In this review, I’ll explain what features to look for in these tools and the things to consider when trying to choose the right one.

The above and check here first before reporting anything:

This page is broken and no one would respond because of the quarantine.

This page is broken and no one would
respond because of the quarantine.

It’s not broken, there was a dot at the end in the URL:

Direct link to the form:

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

and no one would respond because of
the quarantine

No one will respond to you one way or another, that’s not the point of submitting bug reports. But do not let that stop you, the more people do it, the better is the chance action will be taken. You can also upvote bugs in the database.