A laser that reflects in a moveable mirror

Hey
I have a problem with my blueprint for a reflecting laser.

I wanted to ask for help first of all how to create the beam that changes every tick, so the mirror that it is reflected on can be moved around.

And then the second question is how to make the laser reflect on the mirror object, i have tried a lot of things but i have never been able to get the output direction correct.

I have posted some pictures of my current blueprint and a picture to illustrate the solution i am looking for :slight_smile:

Thx in advance for any help!

I would try something like this:

Basically, this runs a line trace on a timer that checks to see if the surface it hit was a physical surface that is set to reflect (for more on physical materials, check here: Tutorials about Physical Materials in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation). If it does, it runs a series of bounces that continues as long as the end point of the trace runs into another reflection material. You can have this spawn actors such as cable actors that can appear as your laser beam that bounce around away from the player to reflective surfaces.

Would anyone happen to know where I would spawn my particle beam during this so that my beam will follow the line trace?

you would spawn it at the start location of the trace.

Any idea why if I set up the code just like in the pictures it bounces but only against the material itself and not away from the material? Like in this image: