A game output with Shipping settings freezes

I think you have something making a call that depends on a ‘soft’ coupling, and that connection is missing.

A good example would be ‘open level’ because you can type anything you want into the node, ‘load streaming level’ being another.

Games output with developer’s settings work fine on Android 11.
However, the game output with factory default settings freezes within a few seconds of launching.
All actors on the screen stop moving, particle animation stops, and UI buttons are no longer accepted.
However, the background music output by Spawn Sound 2D will not stop.

When the application is closed by the OS, the background music will stop along with the game.

Mobile Preview ES3.1 is working fine.
KeyStore settings have been configured.
KeyStore and SDK settings have been configured.

Please let me know if there are any solutions or similar problems.
Thank you for reading.

Many apologies, I think my theory was incorrect.

When a packaged game doesn’t work the same as the editor version, it usually means something is being omitted.

If you can start the level, I’m assuming the code above works ok.

What happens shortly after the level starts ( if its working )? I believe, some part of THAT process may be missing…

EDIT: To be clear, the packaging omits something, it’s not your code. Maybe you can figure out what is missing…

Thank you for your answer.

I don’t understand the connections required for an “open level”.

The structure I have created consists of two levels, one for the title and one for the main game.

After the title level is launched, the “Open Level” is executed by a button in the UI.

The title load button temporarily stores the value in a variable created in the “Game instance” because the value stored in the variable is discarded when the “Open level” is executed, and then reads the value from the “Game instance” into the variable when the main level starts.

If you have any advice on how to handle this, please let me know.

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t know what’s causing it yet, but I’ll try to create another level, reinstall UE4, and anything else I can think of.

Like I say, try working on the assumption that something is not being included in the output. That’s usually what it is…

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I will explore around your advice.
Thank you very much.

I have found the cause of the problem and would like to report it.

The cause was the detection of an instantaneous infinite loop, which caused an error to occur, causing the system to stop.

I was using Mobile Preview ES3.1 on my PC to check the operation during production.
In addition, we used to check the operation on the actual device (smartphone: Android 9 and 11) after outputting it in development settings.

In this case, there was no infinite loop error detection or error stop due to other factors.

When I checked the game using the “New Editor Window (PIE)” on my PC, the game stopped due to the infinite loop error detection.

In the blueprints, I had set up a circuit that worked like a watchdog timer without using the “Tick Event”, so it was treating the periodic flag check as an infinite loop.

By changing the configuration to one that uses “Tick Event”, it no longer stops during various operation tests.

Thank you for your help.