A few quality of life additions for the Epic Games Store / Launcher

Hi,

I have a few pieces of feedback, which I feel will make parts of the store more user-friendly, and a lot more convenient to use for playing games, as well as browsing the store.

I’ve attached concepts for these to this post, to better showcase how each would work.

1. Preview on Hover for Add-ons pages

I understand the “Preview on Hover” feature was previously added, but then removed later on. I think this feature should be added back to add-ons pages, as it helps consumers see additional details, without having to navigate back-and-fourth between multiple store pages.

1. Clear icons for Epic and Game features

Currently, the features listed on each store page seems a little unclear when users want to have a quick glance at what features a game has implemented. I think each of the game features should come with an icon, which makes it clearer to users exactly what features are implemented.

I also believe that showing the features with a simple icon could perhaps entice more developers/publishers to list accurate features, as I feel like they kind of act as a “badge” of quality, showing how much thought has been put into development of the game on Epic.

1. Ability to create a Start-Menu Shortcut on installation

Lastly, I think adding the ability to quickly add a shortcut to the Windows start-menu - so you can just search for the name of the game and hit launch - would greatly increase the simplicity of launching games from the Epic Games launcher, as it would allow users to launch right into their game, without having to wait for Epic to launch properly first.

Hi there Kiznel,

Thank you for the feedback & for the concept images to go with it! I’ll be forwarding your feedback to our engineering team for further review! We appreciate you taking the time to do this and will give it a proper look over.

For the preview window, we noticed there were some performance issues with this feature which caused us to roll it back for additional work. We do hope to get this feature in a better operational state to re-release this, of course, I cannot promise its return but this feedback does help us know there’s still demand for its return. :slight_smile:

1 Like