We complain about the Unreal Marketplace a bit here. But things could be much, much worse.
For comparison’s sake I just needed to buy something on the Unity asset store. Here’s how the experience went:
- Item is on sale but only shows old price
- Add item to cart and click checkout.
- Nothing happens.
- An hour later and after many reloads, give up. Go to old Unity asset store.
- Half of the page is in Chinese script, half in English.
- Eventually find what I’m after. Confusing purchase process follows.
So yeah at least in the end the UE marketplace actually lets you buy things. I can’t imagine how mad the Unity sellers must be that their entire marketplace was low-key broken for Cyber Monday.