90's Arcade

Hello, I’m Fran and for the final UA School Videogame art project, I’m going to make a 90’s Arcade. I’ll model and texture different gaming machines and tables

1 Like

This week I modeled and textured the air hockey table and I modeled the Daytona arcade. I have also added lights to the Air Hockey table

Next week I will texture the Daytona and make the Time Crisis arcade

1 Like

The Daytona Arcade is finished and the Time Crisis is almost finished. I still have to modify the textures.
Next week I will model and texture the dance machine

1 Like

Hi there @FilioRill ! Welcome back to posting with us here on the forums!

I must say that looking at the initial positioning in your first post I’m automatically thrown back in time. I remember spending a lot of time in arcades like that growing up while my mother ran errands.

I’m very excited to see the final product of this project because I absolutely love how far you’ve already come. Some of these machines you don’t even see anymore due to their age. Keep up the good work!

Thank you. When I started to compose the scene I remembered which ones I played. Jurassic Park, Pod Racer, Time Crisis or House of the Dead had to be there no matter what.

1 Like

This week I finished the Time Crisis Arcade. The Dance Dance Revolution arcade is still half textured.
Next week I’ll finish that one and make a pinball machine. I will also do the walls and floors to adjust the lighting a little.

1 Like

Just out of pure curiosity, will there be a Pacman included? :slight_smile: When I think classic arcade I’ve definitely always pictured Pacman :smiley:

Yes, I had thought about Pacman, Metal Slug, Street Fighter and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. Ghost and Goblings was another one I had in mind.
They are the four that will go together with Daytona

1 Like

The Dance Dance Revolution Arcade is finished. I’ve also finished the room so I can adjust the lighting better. It looks better now

Hi again @FilioRill, thanks for taking the time to respond. Just wanted to send a little more encouragement since this is looking great so far. The nostalgia will be legendary once it’s all done :slight_smile: Can’t wait to see the final product!

Thanks for your encouragement. I will do my best to transport us to the past

This week I finished the pinball machines, which have taken longer than they should have.
I had to dive to find references for the stickers.
Next week I will make a coin exchange machine, a fire extinguisher and, if I have time, a ping pong table. My work is starting to pile up.

This week has been calmer, because the modeling was simpler. Still, the pingpong network hasn’t been easy.
Next week I’ll do the Star Wars PodRacer arcade.
I still don’t know how I’m going to make the seat

The Pod Racer machine is finished. I still want to do a couple of details that I missed when texturing, but they are unimportant details.
It has been the most difficult machine by far, because I couldn’t find the stickers anywhere.

I have also retouched the lighting to give the scene a little more luminosity, but that has caused the Dance Revolution machine to start having problems with shadows. So one more thing for next week.

Next week I want to make the targets and if I have enough time also the pool table.

This week I have been busier and I have only been able to do the dart board.
For next week I have to retouch the lighting and I must advance with at least two machines. Maybe billiards and classic arcades.

This week I finished the pool table and modeled the arcade machines. I have also modified the lighting in the room, but I still don’t like the result, so I have to keep trying.

Next week I have to texture the 6 arcade machines and make the House of the Dead one, because depending on the size, I might make 7 arcades

1 Like

This week I’ve been texturing the arcades. In the end I made 7, because the House of Dead one wasn’t that big. This one is already modeled, but I still have to texture it.

I’m also continuing with the lights, but for now they’re a disaster. For now

Hi there @FilioRill !

I know it’s been some time since I reached out on the forum but I’ve been idly lurking and watching the progress, haha. As always you’ve managed to capture the real beauty of the arcade to the point it feels like I’ve been to the one you’re directly showcasing. That to me is really telling of your talents as a creator in this case.

Keep up the good work! I’m thrilled for the next update!