CHAOS Anchor field disables Event Hit ???

Hi Everyone,

For a few days I’ve been trying to solve this issue - working in UE 5.1 Windows.
I’m trying to do the simplest destroy upon hit interaction with a geometry collection using spawned Chaos Master Field and a Fractured wall.

When I use the Hit Event WITHOUT the anchor field - the HIT is registered - and I receive debug confirmation.

As soon as I assign the anchor field to my geometry collection - I don’t get any hits registered anymore and the whole geometry collection becomes virtually a static mesh.

Changing Damage threshold has no effect - my collider simply goes through the geometry collection…

How can I sucesfully SPAWN THE MASTER FIELD and STILL USE THE ANCHOR FIELD? I am following the numerous tutorias using the projectile example but it never works…

Best!

this is my projectile blueprint:

One thing to note is that the geo collection and the projectile is on a sublevel - not on the main persisten level - not sure if it has any importance…

When using an anchor the unbroken geometry collections becomes kinematic ( anchored )
( because the root has kinematic anchored pieces in its hierarchy )
If the colliding object is a kinematic as well , no collision will be recorded ( Hit events need to involve at least one dynamic object )
If you want kinematic kinematic event, you need to look into overlap events or trace ahead of the moving kinematic to detect collisions

Hope this helps

Cedric

1 Like