FaceAR on Linux

Hi there,

this is my first post here. I am struggling with UE 5 and face AR / live link from IOS on Linux.
I do have all the livelink and the faceAr plugins enabled, the faceAr app on the iphone is pointing to the right ip address/port. Firewall is disabled but still can’t find the iphone on the live link window… Any idea on how i could debug this?

Thanks
Ale

I just checked with wireshark and the iphone is sending correctly the udp packages…

and just to add something on top the MayaLiveLink plugin works…

Another info, same behaviour on windows, it’s not a linux related issue

Edit: on windows it works after i added manually the 11111 port to the app

Hi,

I wonder if you have ever solved this.
I spent countless hours on this and ruled out most common issues:

• I can receive UDP packets from iOS on Linux, confirmed with both wireshark and also a custom python app that parses and validates the data to rule out it is corrupted
  • tested on UE5 5.1.0 and UE 5.1.1 (Linux - on Arch and Ubuntu 20.04)
  • set up a project on Windows that works with ARKit/Livelink, saved it and opened on Linux
  • changed default UDP listening port from 11111 to a different one to rule out the port is being used already

I checked the UE5 source on github - and there were no changes on relevant source files for Arkit since ~2 years.

I am really curious if anybody every got this working on Linux at all. From my research on the net, I did not read about any working example.

Hello, for anyone looking for this issue I did do some progress yesterday, basically you need the unreal engine source code and then go to all the ARKit plugins and remove the supported platform entries. Compile and you’ll get at least up to here

Update:
Everything works as expected so far, I did a level sequence and it works.

I don’t know why it’s disabled on Linux though, since it works flawlessly