50+ Vector Field Particle Pack [SUBMITTED]

Hi Devero, thanks for responding! I was able to fix everything with the post process volume, something I was previously unaware of. I finally managed to google the right terms and found the appropriate section in the docs.

Check out my Vector Field Blog here: http://www.abatrongame.com/vector-field-particles/

Have fun with your GameDev! =)

First of all, great pack Devero. Nicely done!!

I have a question about the “Napalm” effect. In the video, it’s shown connected to a dude writhing around. Basically, I want to mimic this effect, attaching a particle system onto a bipedal mesh. Is it better to resize the area of effect as a whole to the specific mesh? Or maybe have a lot of little effects and connect them at specific points on the mesh?

Thanks in advance.

I always found it better to resize the area of effect the best you can. However, if you have drastic differences in proportion, then make a secondary effect to compensate more evenly. =)

Hello every one.
I am new in UE4.
dose anyone know that Vector Field Particle Pack can work in mobile(IOS or Android)?
Is the GPU particles usable in Android or IOS?

Hi Devero,

Thanks for developing the pack. I had initially sought a refund, as I was frustrated during my attempts to tweak various things. After later tinkering with it more and getting more experience designing my own vector fields, I can’t fairly complain about this pack.

My frustration was specifically with scaling the dimensions of the fields. I really like some of the effects, such as the energy fields. I wanted to utilize one of them, the force field wall type of effect, but want to scale its length. I didn’t realize things fall apart when you aren’t scaling proportionately, so it was my impression these weren’t all that tweak-able. While these effects are certainly usable, for many creative uses, my personal use-cases might have been a bit fringe and I found it easier to roll my own in Blender. I’ll happily keep these, as I’m sure I’ll find a use for them- it will be nice to trying to achieve an effect and go “Ah-ha! I have something for that”.

Sorry to come off as sour, I had just been hoping to be able to drop one of these in and scale them in the X axis for a force field wall effect, for example (it’s there, but the repeating thick vertical edge threw off the intended effect). It’s a well done pack and worth the money, just didn’t address my current needs :rolleyes:

Just wanted to say I bought this pack a while ago and am very happy with it… two thumbs up

Question - is it possible to turn off bloom just for the vector effects? e.g. I want bloom on my streetlights, but not on my vector field?

Thanks for any advice…