5.4 IK/FK switching: Match to Pose Broken?

Hello, when “animating” the metahuman IK/FK switch in 5.4 Sequencer, my metahuman arms pop when switching between the IK and FK. Is there a snap to Pose feature so I do not get any popping?

  1. When testing the IK/FK on a single key frame the IK/Fk ‘will not’ show any issues.

  2. However, when animating the IK/FK switch in Sequencer, the switch from IK to FK will reveal a pop. The pose for the FK is different from the pose of the IK.

May I ask, is there a feature similar to the HIK rig in Maya? In Maya’s HIK rig, when I switch between the IK and FK, the poses of the rig match, there is no popping of the poses seen when switch IK/FK, when animating.

In UE 5.4, is there a workflow that I need to use in Sequencer so the IK to FK switch does not pop when animating between poses? For example, how would I do a hand stand flip using IK/FK switch?

This helps the elbow alignment. But the hand still pops.
image

  1. I’m sure Epic got some inspiration from Maya to set up the IK/FK switch if we are keyframing in Sequencer. I’m sure there is a “Match to pose” button somewhere…it is probably just named something different.

If “Keep Aligned” is off, the hand rotates 360 degrees.

I’m hope there is a “Match to pose” button hiding somewhere.

I would expect to find this feature even in very basic animation software. Is it really missing?

This is a late late late reply to the OP but it’s one of the first threads that pops up when searching so I’ll tell anyone searching here the correct way to match IK to FK when switching in Sequencer:
When in IK mode, animate the IK as you’d like. When scrubbing the timeline while selecting an FK control in the Sequencer outliner you can see the Rotation change every frame in the details panel. It IS being matched.
The same goes for IK when in FK mode. The location and rotation ARE changing on the IK control when not in use.
So key the bool that swaps it when you want it to swap, then step 1 frame back and key the rotation on the FK controls, now step forward again to the swap. Voila. For IK, you key the Location, Rotation, and PV location.

I accidentally keyed my shoulder FK’s location when figuring this out so I had a very very small popping issue there. I just keyed the shoulder FK control back to the right position right before swapping back to IK because I didn’t want to redo the animation to check, but that was probably an anomaly. The above steps should just work.