5.4 Capture Manager cannot process Live Link footage anymore

Everything works the same in 5.4 until you get to Import when bringing in Live Link footage, then this is the error I get:

LogCaptureManager: Error: Ingest for take test_8 failed: ‘Conversion of data for take test_8 failed: Failed to open the video file: C:/(path to my project)/Unreal-Face/FaceTest/Content/MyMHA/Captures/20240420_test_8/test_8_iPhone.mov.’

I have made sure that all the Apple codecs are enabled. I’ve never had it fail like this.

I have played the Quicktimes in VLC and they’re not damaged. But I can’t get them to convert anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

(post deleted by author)

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Unreal and still get the same result. Can anyone tell me exactly how the procedure of processing Live Link Archives works? What files are being called? What directories are being used? I’m thinking there could be a simple permissions problem where Unreal can’t get read or write access to a directory and that’s causing the failure.

I’ve noticed the error number in the log is -2147024662.

The captures work fine on other computers - but my personal workstation fails each time I try to import. I completely removed Unreal and the Epic Launcher, restarted, made sure everything was deleted, then reinstalled everything and I get the same result.

Any ideas? I’ve searched and my iPhone is already named using English characters, so that solution won’t work.

Paul