5.4 Bug with lens file / Aruco tag

I’m doing VP with greenscreen - using a tracked camera. To precisely position the virtual camera in the virtual world, I’ve used an Aruco tag - such that I place a real Aruco tag on stage, then use the Nodal Offset tab in the lens file plus a virtual Aruco tag in the scene. With the real camera seeing the real Aruco, when I click on the screen - UE sees the tag / position – and I can then click on “Apply to camera parent” to then position the virtual camera relative to the virtual aruco tag in the same orientation and distance (6DOF) that the real camera has to the real aruco.
Nice and simple and effective.

That is until 5.4. Now it appears to be broken and I’m kind of screwed. I have a project to shoot and need to precisely position the camera. But I can’t. And I can’t retrograde the 5.4 project to 5.3 where it will work. Instead I get the error message “Failed to resolve a camera position given the data in the calibration rows. Please retry the calibration.”
But I have also created a new lens file from scratch and redone the calibration from scratch …

I may have to create a random project in 5.3, find the exact position and orientation to the aruco using this method, then calculate the offset for all 6 DOF to the position in the 5.4 project - while not moving the camera at all.
Which is obviously an insane workflow.

Any suggestions?

Epic folks – any possibility of fixing the bug???
Or is there some random change to things that I need to do some random clicking on random things to convince it to work as it always has??

If you’re unclear as to what exactly I’m talking about, I can readily create a video.

1 Like

Hi @Grander_Funk , did you find any solution? I have the same problem.

I am also curious about this.

Yes - just getting back to seeing this, sorry it took a while … hopefully you’ve found this by now, but — it turns out you simply need to click twice, meaning … when you click on the screen to get the values for the position of the Aruco tag that’s showing via the input video, just click a second time. The same data will show up a second time, but … this time it will actually work when you click on Apply to Camera Parent.